Silver, a noble metal.

Silver, widely used in modern times, in a variety of industries, is a highly appreciated noble metal.

In sterling or sterling silver jewelry, it must have at least 92.5% pure silver. Normally the remaining 7.5% is copper... but why is it alloyed with another metal?

The fact is that silver is a ductile metal and too soft by itself and requires copper for more hardness, although this does not alter the bright white color of silver at all.


  • It is one of the metals that best conducts electricity.
  • Photography would not have been invented if silver had not been discovered, since silver halide crystals were needed for printing photos.
  • In ancient Egypt, silver coins were considered more valuable than gold.

Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published

Shop now

You can use this element to add a quote, content...